Snow Safety & Education
Designed for intermediate-aged school children (grades 4-6), SSEP is an interactive multi-media presentation that teaches the essentials of winter outdoor safety and supports the use of proper equipment, knowledge and training to help reduce risks and prevent accidents. The presentation is divided into two parts:
- PLAYING IT SAFE IN BOUNDS
Ski hill safety for skiers and snowboarders - for a school trip to a local ski resort, or a weekend with family and friends.
- OUT OF BOUNDS - WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR THE BACKCOUNTRY?
Preparedness for mountainous areas outside a designated resort - for those thinking about skiing or riding out-of-bounds from a resort, or for those, including snowmobilers, who do winter wilderness trips to areas other than a resort.
SSEP presentations cover:
- the Alpine Responsibility Code;
- ski resort signage;
- backcountry hazards associated with “going out-of-bounds”;
- avalanches and the need to be prepared with additional avalanche education, training and equipment.
Give us your feedback!
“Get informed and go outdoors!”